Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Sunday 28 April 2019

The Secret to JOY?

Was listening recently to a sermon from our church when visiting Pastor Colin Gregory said:
 " the secret to JOY is ABIDING!"
That stopped me in my tracks... Abiding.
It's so often it's an aspect  of Christian walk we know  of.. 
But do I dwell there?
The next day I read through a devotion with the same passage.. Who else but God could do that?
John 15: 10 - 11
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

"In thy presence is fullness of JOY.."
Like most aspects of the Christian life, abiding is found by self discipline.
By being in the word, meditating upon its depths, being instant in prayer, in fellowship with the Father  through a seeking  spirit of enquiry, and to be in fellowship with believers in God's house. 
The personal part is first. Without it, the latter is meaningless  and our walk joyless.
Through this abiding, the fruit of the Spirit flows into our life.
Love, JOY, peace ... 

John 15:4-5,7

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Note: "Without Me, ye can do nothing".

How blessed of God we are to live in  a land where we are free to know the Lord as our very own Saviour, read His holy word, pray without ceasing and thus to abide in Him through the Spirit's work, to share Him with others.. may we indeed be women of the word  and burn brightly for Christ all our days.
******
Wisdom From Oswald Chambers
"There is no condition of life in which we cannot abide in Jesus. 
We have to learn to abide in Him wherever we are placed."  
Our Brilliant Heritage, 946
******
Lord bless and strengthen you in your daily doings, dear ones, trust this mediation upon the word has blessed  you as it has blessed me... if so please leave me a comment .Praying for you all.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x


 PS . If you haven’t I'd love it you to join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already.
If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link. Thank YOU.

4 comments:

Anne said...

You have my attention! xx

Sunshine Country said...

These were such good thoughts to think on today...loved the adding of the verse from Psalm 16:11 to your post. "In Thy presence is fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Was just reading through that same chapter, but that verse slipped by me without stopping to take the time to think much on it. A verse that I also love is the one from Isaiah 26:3: "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." --all a part of abiding in HIM. These thoughts were a blessing. Thank you also so much for the verse from Micah that you shared in your comment on my blog, it was an encouragement to me.

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you Shaz for your wonderful devotion - I certainly need to abide more - and this has really resonated with me.
May God bless you as you faithfully share His Word
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

So true if we do not live our lives every day with God being the center and bringing him into every situation than he is not in us. I do love the vine verse such a great example to explain it all.