Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Friday 12 April 2019

Lessons of the Eagle's Nest + Proverbs 3:5, 6 Illuminated Verse

{This Post was first written on my craft blog.. see here some years back but thinking on it lately with my unwellness and thought I’d share it again here. It is a blessing to me.. hope it is you too.}
When we think of eagles and the Bible most often we think of this reference here in this passage here: 
Isaiah 40 v31  
.".but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint."
God has other important messages for us in eagles in the Bible. Often in our lives we have what I call "prickly periods" - prickly because of an association from a message I heard a long time ago, as detailed below.
These words in the verse below meant so much more to those living in Israel than they do to us today. As itinerant travellers or ones settled and farming, they lived close to the land.
Deuteronomy 32: 11 - 12
11 As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:
12 So the Lord alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him. 
This is an excellent summary here in part from a post on Robin's Weidner's (found via Google) website "Secure in Heart" {LINK here}:
A Lesson On The Eagle : 
"...like an eaglet, I can get so comfortable in what appears to offer security that the thought of change fills me with fear.
It turns out that an eagle’s nest is quite an elaborate affair. 

A pair of eagles may take up to 6 weeks to build a nest, usually in the top of a tree, lining it with soft grasses, moss and cornstalks. To complete the next, they tenderly line the bottom with their own feathers.

For the first twelve weeks of life, the eaglet relaxes, trusting her parents to provide everything she needs.


When it’s time for the eaglet to learn to fly, the mother and father use their sharp talons to pull apart the soft materials that lined the nest. Then the mother eagle rises up and hovers over the nest, flapping her huge wings, stirring the nest

As she does this, all of the comfortable stuff that kept the nest cozy flies out. This sends a clear message to the eaglet—it’s time to leave your life of comfort!

If needed, the mother will literally knock her baby out of the nest, and then follow it as it falls, swooping it onto her wings at the last moment. The mother eagle knows that her young one can only survive by learning to fly.....
But what strikes me is that of all the analogies God could choose to depict Himself, to win the hearts of His people and generations to come…God chose that of an eagle. And that analogy simply drips with Grace.

You see, unlike the eagle and its eaglet, I haven’t been with God from the day of my birth. Rather He found me in a “barren and howling waste” and then brought me to Himself, shielding me and guarding me. 

And like the Israelites, even though there have been times when I’ve pursued my own selfish ends, and taken some hard falls, He’s still been there ready to renew His compassion.

The lesson of the eagle sheds so much light on a relationship with God.

I entrust myself to God, while He guards me as the apple of His eye. Sometimes He wounds me in his stirring of the nest, but He also is quick to heal. He promises to catch me, and I promise to jump!

And then no one, including the evil one, can steal me out of His hand!"
I would like to close this post with one of my illuminated works, as often asked to do so, and to my shame I never seem to get around it. 
 This is an excellent verse to use - it was one given to me when I first came to the LORD (to read this story + another calligraphy piece see this post here) Please note, this photo is of a photo this work was done about 15 years ago now. Did not have digital cameras then, and was using a borrowed one anyway. Hence the flare on the photos.                             This verse given me as a very young believer in the LORD Jesus - why - because we always think we know best - but we must not lean upon our understanding but God's, trusting in Him with ALL our heart, and in His way alone.

TRUST Him when dark trials oppress you,
TRUST Him when your faith is small,
TRUST Him when to simply
TRUST Him is the hardest thing of all.

May God richly bless you where ever your maybe and thank you SO much for popping over for a peek and chat and making my day! 
Shaz in Oz.x  
P.S. Cheryl of Homespun Devotions recommended this message on Eagles. Its really two illuminating sermons, especially the second one on the moping eagles. Love how the LORD uses His creation to illustrate  the Length Depth Breadth of the wonder of our God.

I would like to link this post with:
  1.  Birdee blessings - Under His wings ( A blessing please pop across to it )
  2. Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes?

5 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

Such wonderful, comforting thoughts from God's Word. I needed that today. It's so easy to "say" we trust God completely, until the difficult trials come that show how weak my faith really is. God's Word is always so reassuring, though, and it encouraged my heart to think on these thoughts that you've shared here, of God bearing us up, as an eagle. Thanks so much for posting this.

Marilyn Mathis said...

I remember hearing about the eagle, how she builds the nest and how she teaches the eaglet to fly. It is a great illustration for us. God will always do what is best for us to grow stronger in Him. Isn't it wonderful that we have a God we can totally rely on in every circumstance? I especially like the words "TRUST Him when to simply
TRUST Him is the hardest thing of all." I wish I could get to that point in my Christian walk. Thanks so much for sharing this. Hugs and get well!

Cheryl said...

Such beautiful encouragement! Thank you so much. We met a man at a Christian concert event who is known as "The Eagle Preacher." We have so enjoyed hearing his preaching on eagles. You can find the sermons by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKid5BoeIQc. I hope it blesses you as much as it has blessed us. My husband had a very vivid dream about eagles, and we have pondered what all the dream meant. Then God led us to this man, and he explained so much to us. The concert probably had about 4,000-5,000 people there, and God just orchestrated it that we ended up standing on the stairs before the concert at just the same spot as this preacher and his wife. It was amazing. God is so faithful to send us what and who we need when we need it/them.

Conniecrafter said...

that telling of the way the eagles treat their young sure does help to explain the verse. It's not always easy to give it all up to God, we sometimes feel we need to do something to make things turn out the way they should, or we think they should. my family is going through something right now and you want to ask God why, but need to trust that he has it all in his hands.

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you for sharing this Shaz - I have been battling the blues at the moment and this was a wonderful reminder that the battle is not my own, and that the Lord is always there to catch me should I stumble.
Blessings
Maxine