Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Friday 14 June 2019

Walking in the Ordinary

Sometimes in our Christian walk we are in the thick darkness of the valley, or at other times upon the glorious mountain top, or some times in between. There is also the plateau of ordinariness.
This caught my heart and eye as I read it the other day.
"I will neither leave thee, nor forsake thee” (or I will  not in any wise forsake you). Sometimes it is not difficulty that makes me think God will forsake me, but drudgery. There is no Hill Difficulty to climb, no vision given, nothing wonderful or beautiful, just the commonplace day in and day out — can I hear God’s say-so in these things?

We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing, that He is preparing and fitting us for some extraordinary thing by and by, but as we go on in grace we find that God is glorifying Himself here and now, in the present minute.
If we have God’s say-so behind us, the most amazing strength comes, and we learn to sing in the ordinary days and ways.
*****
"We are more than conquerors through Him that loved us."
When we are upon this plateau of ordinariness, we can reach out one to another - by phone or a visit, one with whom you know you can pray.
Prayer together will lift them and you! and you will be a blessing to one another. Fellowship is key to keeping our eyes on Lord and keeping the fire of faith burning. So many need this kind of cheer. Visit a nursing home.. there are elderly saints who would be so blessed by this, or weak ones who need such an uplift. The key is the “present minute” of “glorifying the Lord” spoken of above.
We achieve this through such actions.. God's love in us serves.
"By love, serve on another" Gal. 5:13.
And such conversations will be added to the Book of Remembrance spoken of in Malachi 3, second last chapter of Old Testament.
This was on our calendar and loved it. Very apt to share here.
Hope this blesses you as much it did me, if you've time please let me know. 
Sending prayer hugs 🙏🏻🤗 for you, in your burdens,
Shaz in Oz.x
PS . If you haven’t I'd love it you to join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. It really encourages me to keep on.
If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link. Thank YOU.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Dearest Shaz, this is so timely - thank you for sharing it.
I have been through a difficult time, and this time of "the ordinary" is truly a time of healing, but one forgets that and wants more. I need to remember that God will use us in the ordinary moments of the day as we simply share a hug or time and encouraging words with a neighbour.
Blessings
Maxine

Annette said...

Thanks Sharon. Great encouragement.

Sunshine Country said...

Your words are so true. Sometimes it is in the drudgery of day to day that it gets the hardest, isn't it. I have myself been struggling with loneliness...not many Christian people that I'm able to fellowship with at this time in my life, and it gets hard. But did recently start going weekly to play the piano at a local nursing home, which always lifts me up, seeing how it blesses the people there. Sometimes it does take the extra effort to find those opportunities to help others, and am praying for the Lord to open more of those doors, and show me more ways I can do that. Please know that your blog is always a blessing and encouragement... I'd like to tell you something, that hopefully will be a blessing and encouragement to you. Right prior to the time you started this blog, I had heard a sermon speaking on "Wonderful Words of Life", and had been thinking on this very hymn in the weeks near that time. It was during an extremely hard time of my life, when I was so very much in need of God's Word for comfort. Imagine the thrill it gave me to see just shortly after, that you had started this blog! It was almost as if the Lord gave me a 'prelude' so to speak, and laid it on your heart to start this to be a blessing to His people, and it hasn't ceased to be a blessing to me (and I'm sure to others) ever since. Thank you for keeping up with it, even when you're going through hard times yourself.

Anne said...

I read this too and it is so true how we are prone to give up in the ordinary mundane. Give thanks in ALL circumstances... ah well, better go and do the washing-up... ! Merci bien mon amie! xx