Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Sunday 17 February 2019

Comfort One Another..

Well, I’m not sure if I’ll publish this, but I wanted to write my thoughts down.. about grief. 
Grief is a curious thing, it creeps upon you in the most unexpected ways at times, and overwhelms. 
It is thus for me at this moment.. 
Our grief can be about many things, at the moment mine is for my dad. 
My dad was very, very dear to me, he passed in early Aug 2018. As I was the only one of his children in town I took him out the most. I came to know him, and much about him that I did not know before these one on one times with him, after he went into the nursing home. 
I shouldn’t really be sad as dear, sweet, precious, darling dad is with our wonderful loving LORD. 
(Dad’s very brief salvation post, see HERE.
What a comfort it is to know this .. what joy divine it is to have this blessed hope! 
Love this passage below, don’t you?
It’s singing in my heart at the moment, that sea photo I took with darling dad last year.
Especially resting in the “Wherefore comfort one another with THESE words.”!
I think I may share this post as it may bless someone, who is really struggling with grief or with some sort of loss at the moment. 
Dark moments can be all enveloping - until we cry out to the LORD.
Once His light shines, then hope revives! 
There is hope! 
There is light, there is a brighter day! 
“Amen, even so come, LORD Jesus.”
Or see this link HERE.
If this blesses you, and you’re able to do so, please let me know in a comment.
Prayer hugs 🙏🤗 
Shaz in Oz.x

PS . If you haven’t I'd love it if you would join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. You really encourage me to keep on! 🤗.
If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link. Thank YOU

10 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

I'm not sure if your post could've come at more perfect timing for me today...thank you for sharing...and prayers for you in your grief. That must be so hard to have lost your dad, even though you do have the comfort of knowing you'll see him again someday.

Cheryl said...

Oh, Shaz! I am SO sorry you are going through this deep pain and grief. I lost my Daddy almost 18 years ago, and the pain is still so intense, at times. I don't think we ever stop missing our dear parents. It is such a comfort to know that they are waiting for us in Glory, and one day, by God's grace, we will see them again. May the God of all comfort hold you close in every moment of sorrow.

Anne said...

And God shall will wipe away all tears from their eyes, And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying nor pain... Rev.21:4
Sending you BIG hugs dear Sis xxxx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your post and quotes touched me, but I don't want to elaborate any further on my thoughts that are too personal for me to share. Thank you for posting this.

Janet Christensen said...

Your posts always so powerful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Janet Christensen said...

p.s. I love the bookshelf background. I'm former librarian, my husband is a bigger reader than I am, and we have 27 feet of floor to ceiling bookshelves, plus lots of other places to store books and still don't have enough space for them.

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing! That is wonderful how your dad came to the LORD. I took care of my Mother-in-love in my home for two years until she passed away in July of 2018. It was precious time to get to know her better and sahre our love and God's love with her. HUGS for your heart.

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you Shaz - I fully understand what you are saying - grief is such a personal and at times unexpected journey. {{{{{hugs}}}}} I am still wading some days, but know Jesus has got me, even when I feel overwhelmed, and you too!
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

Glad you shared, I felt the same way about both my parents, I was always closest to my mother but when she passed, I became closer with my father and I am so thankful for what we shared before he passed away. I take quite comfort in the verse, I miss them everyday but thankful they are both in heaven, free from pain and with each other again, glorifying our Savior!!

Betsy said...

My dear Shaz, I don’t know how I missed this post. What an absolute blessing it is to me today. I’m going to forward it on to my brother who recently lost his son. Grief is such a strange thing. Even though we know our looks fed ones are in the place that we all long to be, we still miss them being here physically with us. Someday. Someday we will all be together in Glory. What a wonderful day that will be! I wish I were there to give you a great big hug today my friend.
Many blessings, Betsy