Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Monday 11 February 2019

Glory to His Name Alone!

Dear ones, I am reminded...
Jeremiah 9
Vs 23 Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:

Vs 24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
This text is one I did about ten years ago on vellum. Very hard to work on. I love these verses. 
They remind us of our foibles.. our tendency to love the praise of men. I did this text in a secular non believing group of calligraphers. I wonder now whether they thought on the words or simply looked at it as art. I suspect the latter.
Jeremiah lamented that they the people of his day did not honour God and give Him praise. 
May we recall that we are nothing.
For example the skill used to create this illuminated text is God's gift! Not of me..
So when one praises me for it I should point them to the Lord, the Giver of every good and perfect gift.
As Job said, I abhor myself!
Job 42:1-6:
"Then Job answered the Lord , and said, I know that thou canst do every thing , and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. 
I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth Thee. 
Wherefore I abhor myself , and repent in dust and ashes."
******
O Lord help us to keep a heavenly perspective. To see things as you see them. 
And give you the honour and praise before men.  In all things. Amen.
If this blesses you please let me know in a comment.
Prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz.x

PS . If you haven’t I'd love it if you would join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. You really encourage me to keep on! 🤗.
If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link. Thank YOU.

8 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Greetings, I also love these verses, its so hard to always remember these things. That is why we write them, we read them, we talk about them. I love it that we can encourage one another.
Blessings to you!
Hugs, Roxy

kiwimeskreations said...

Yes, the praise of man is a trap - may we only seek the praise of God for our obedience to His will
Blessings
Maxine

Cheryl said...

Oh, how true are your words, Shaz! I love the verses you shared, and it is so beautiful how you wrote them out in calligraphy. You did a wonderful job, and it is so great how you give God all glory. It is surely due to His precious name! May He bless you today!

Betsy said...

Thank you for this reminder Shaz. To God be all of the glory. I always want to give Him the credit for anything I do. It is not from me, but of The Lord.
Blessings,
Betsy

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, precious Shaz, I love your blog and don't always visit. But this one today is so special with this passage you've shared. Yes, God has gifted you with calligraphy, and I praise Him that He has used you to share His Word and wisdom from Scripture. This is so beautiful, and I love how the emphasis on certain words like "not" and "But" are in red and how the gold is most used for the LORD! Praise His name and may we always remember that He is to be glorified in ALL. Warm hugs and love...and praying for you as you are His ambassador! xoxo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I added both of your blogs to my list of blogger sites on my blog. That way I'll see when you have new posts. :-)

Anne said...

Your calligraphy is beautiful and although God gifted, you have worked hard to perfect it. Corrie ten Boom used to offer all the thanks and praise she received after a speaking engagement up to the Lord as a bouquet of thanksgiving to Him at the end of each day. She maintained that she must always be behind the cross, never in front...

Conniecrafter said...

I have been reminded of this with my brother, my friend and myself all having health problems and how God brought or is bringing us through, it is nothing of men but of God's healing touch. That is a beautiful piece you made and a great reminder to have around at all times!