Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Monday 4 January 2021

The LORD is my Light and Salvation - Fifty Five Years Walking With LORD

 Fifty five years of walking with the Lord!

Wow! It always amazes me that the LORD God of Glory reached down from heaven and touched the heart and life of a scared young Aust. child from an unsaved family at a beach early in January, 1966. If you want the full story of this day... read this post here!

Although I was a young child I knew what sin was, I knew fear, I knew joy, but without Christ, none really meant what they do with Christ. Fear was banished, it doesn’t mean I don’t experience it now, but it means God brings me through it.

Mostly through the Light of His word... 

 Precious friends (dear NazBaz)  gave me a journal for Christmas. Now folk think I’m good at diaries journals curiously, but I am not, I’m really bad at them. However I loved the verses in this journal, so decided yet once again to attempt one! This verse and the thoughts the LORD God gave me really blessed me.. simple but profound to simple, little me!

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?

 the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Ps 27:1

Oftentimes as I’ve looked at Psalm 27:1 I’m deeply aware of my inadequacy and how far I fall short! 

The LORD is my Light and Salvation - Whom shall I fear?

The LORD is the Strength of my life - Whom shall I be afraid.

As I wrote those words out I immediately see what my problem has been with this verse all my life thus far!

I have focussed on the:

 “Whom shall I fear?” 

or “whom shall I be afraid?”

However the KEY 🔑 FOCUS is: 

LORD = MY Light & Salvation

 LORD = the Strength of my Life.

Looking at Christ alone, NOT THE FEARFUL SELF CENTRED shallowness of the “me-view”.

As I pondered I am reminded of two things. Bro Mac’s life verse was John 3:30, the words spoken of Christ by John the Baptist.

He must increase, I must decrease. John 3:30

Christ Christ Christ Christ Christ Christ CHRIST

me  me  me   me   me    me

They point also for me to my life verses.. which are Hebrews 12:1-6 but most especially to verse 2.

 Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.. 

Fear is a ploy of Satan, to take focus off our Saviour. Let’s see afresh the Christ, let’s forget self and fear and look up! 

Our years, months, weeks or days, minutes are not guaranteed, so what 2021 holds only God knows, but don’t let’s be bound by fear. Let’s look up! 

To our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, let’s rejoice as I did on that day I was saved and walk in the light of the joy of our salvation.


The joy of the LORD is your strength Nehemiah 8:10

*******

To close I’d like to ask for prayer for the USA especially in the next three days or this week. On 5th Jan are the Senate elections in Georgia, it’s one of the states where there were flawed election issues. Pray the Lord and right will rule in in free fair elections and God’s will be done.

Especially important as those two senators will hold the balance  of power in the senate.

On 6th Jan is the day both Houses - the Congress and Senate meet. A decision is made to accept or reject the elections as they were held of Nov 4th. May God in His great mercy overrule and not allow the acceptance of flawed states votes. Pray for truth to prevail.

May God have mercy and God bless America. 
This affects us all whether we live there or not. 
Especially as Christians it will affect much, and so I’m praying for Israel, and the unborn, the businesses of USA, all of whom President Trump has protected. 

Thank you especially if you take the time to leave a comment, that’s deeply appreciated. So very much. 

Praying God’s watch care upon you and all you love - wherever you maybe. 
“Our Heavenly Father knoweth.” 
“He careth for you.”
Prayer Hugs, 🙏🤗❤️
Shaz in Oz.x

 PS If you haven’t I'd love it you to join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. It really encourages me to keep on. 😊

If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link. Thank YOU! 


7 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Thank you, Shaz, for sharing such inspirational scriptures with us. Yes, Christ must increase in our lives, and we must decrease, until Jesus is all others see in us. Let that be our goal for 2021!
And thank you so much for your prayers, my friend. Yes, we certainly need them! Did I tell you I live in Georgia? We are holding our collective breaths, hoping that if the same underhanded tricks are tried in this runoff, that they will be immediately found out and thrown out.
Blessings!

Anne said...

Wow Shaz! This is one of the best Christian posts I have read, very inspirational and Spirit led, beautifully designed to emphasise our position with Jesus. It has given me the tingles! I stand with you in prayer and with you and Martha in making Jesus priority in our lives so that we go 'unnoticed'. I felt downhearted that Nancy Pelosi was re-elected but God is in control and He has His reasons.

Cheryl said...

I am so blessed and touched by the burden you carry for our country, even though you don't live here. It is so comforting to know you are praying so earnestly for us. And you are so right - this does affect the whole rest of the world, too. What happens here today and tomorrow will reap eternal consequences, either way. Oh, I am pleading with God to have mercy and let the Republicans retain control of the US Senate and also to let our dear President Trump remain in office for another four years. All we can do is pray and plead the blood of Jesus, for we have nothing of our own with which to impress God. We are so dependent upon His mercy, and I believe He is reminding us of that fact through all this distress. Your prayers are a gift to us here in the states. May God richly bless you, dear sister.

Brenda said...

Such a wonderful post Sharon, I too was saved when I was a child, although I don't ever remember Jesus not being in my life. He held me when I needed holding, and got me through some very tough times in my young life as a child. Being saved was the icing on the cake so to speak. We all fall short as we are human and born of sin, but we can keep the Lord in our daily life and keep trying to do better. I fail a lot, but I never fail with my belief in my Lord God, although I must admit that I question Him from time to time. My bad!! Thank you for the prayers for America, we certainly need it. Not only has Covid been a rollercoaster but our elections have been too. Trusting in the Lord that He has a plan and that His plan is put into play! Sending love, hugs and prayers your way my sweet sis! Brenda

Sunshine Country said...

Praise the Lord...thank you for sharing this post. Though I haven't been saved nearly as long, I too can trace the Lord's dealings with me in the years I have been. Journals can be difficult to keep up with, but I find it helps me remember things the Lord has done for me!
Thank you for your continued prayers for the election. Praying much for tomorrow...waiting to see what the Lord has in store for us. Continuing to claim His Word!
Sorry I haven't been faithful about commenting lately! Kind of have been taking a bit of a break from blogging much, but might get back to it more eventually.

Betsy said...

Hello my dear Shaz. The verses you have in this post have been made known in my life through different ways over the past two days. My daily Bible reading had them. A speaker on the radio as I drove to my grocery pick up this morning had one of them. God must really want me to meditate on these particular scriptures right now.
Thank you for your fervent prayers for our nation. We need them. The United States hangs in the balance right now. I fear what will happen to this country if the unthinkable happens. But, I know that God is with me no matter the outcome of this election. I remember in the old testament when the people cried out for a king, God let them have their way even though it was definitely NOT what was best for them. A new administration is NOT what is best for the USA but God may let us have what we deserve anyway, because that's what people are crying out for. Whatever happens, He is in control and I will continue to praise Him from the depths of my soul. Until they kill me for it. And yes, I believe it could come to that, even here. But I will not turn my back on Jesus.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

kiwimeskreations said...

I am running late with visiting, but what a day today has been - America is certainly not in a healthy state!
Yes, always we must keep our eyes on Jesus - not the fears that would try to overwhelm us (I had experience of that even this week).
Thank you for this wonderful and encouraging post Shaz
May 2021 bring you great freedom and joy
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine