Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Monday 6 May 2019

The Word Only - How Great Thou Art!

Beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness. II Pet. 3:8, 9
My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth.... so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isa. 55:8-11

God hath concluded them all in unbelief; that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! Rom. 11:32, 33

Be instant in season, out of season. II Tim. 4:2
*****
Are you burdened today for a near  or dear one? 
Or  is there some Burden that seems heavy to bear?
We have a Burden  Bearer.
 It is  not WE who need to be strong. 
In my, your, OUR weakness - let us rest in the One Who is Almighty.
He is not blind  to our plight. 
In His time, His way....
******
Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zech. 4:6

Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Heb. 12:2


We have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Heb. 4:15, 16
Sending prayer hugs 🙏🏻🤗 for you, in your burdens,
Shaz in Oz.x
PS . If you haven’t I'd love it you to join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. It really encourages me to keep on.
If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link. Thank YOU.

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, precious Shaz! Thank you so much for sharing what truly God has placed on your heart. It has lifted my spirits and reminded me of the suffering Christ endured for me. Praise God that someday we shall be with Him forever with new bodies that will no longer hurt and be sick. And we shall live with Him forever and ever...with more than that beyond. Praise God for His faithfulness, and may I trust Him in all the trials! Much love and continued prayers, precious sis! xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

A really encouraging post thanks Shaz. A timely reminder to lean on The One who is our burden bearer.
Blessings
Maxine

Anne said...

Whenever we don't understand, isn't it good to go to the one whose ways are higher than ours? I find that the learning process of trusting God, in every day life,enriches my day but oh how I lean on myself more than on Him until something out of the ordinary crops up....even then I'm a snail inmy coming to Him... Thanks for the encouragement, reminder and superb hymn!xx

Betsy said...

Shaz, my dear sister, thank you for these scriptures today. They were just the reminder I needed once again, to remember that HIs ways are not our ways. And HIS are ALWAYS better, even when I don't understand. Thank you so much for encouraging me today.
Blessings,
Betsy

Sunshine Country said...

Love that verse "...when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." So thankful that amidst all the changeable things in my own self and all that surrounds me, we have a God Who is our Rock--unchangeable and sure. Was just thinking on this other verse the other day: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." and it encouraged my heart so much during a hard day, to think on His unchangeable faithfulness, power, compassion, love, pity, and mercy. Oh to have a heart and mind that is stayed on Him.

Brenda said...

Thank you Sharon, you always uplift me with scripture. Still sick, so keeping this short. Blessings, prayers and hugs, Brenda

Marilyn Mathis said...

So thankful that we have a rock to depend upon. He doesn't change with the wind and the opinions of others. Thank God we can depend upon Him to be there anytime we need Him. Hugs.

Conniecrafter said...

Our Lord, our true rock in hard times, always there and knows all and has us in his arms watching over us!!