Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Wednesday 22 May 2019

The Word Only - Follow Thou Me...

Are my burdens hard to bear, do I want out? 
Let me look to my LORD for my example. 
*****
It pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief. Isa. 53:10
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. John 12:27, 28

Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. Luke 22:42, 43

Being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Phil. 2:8

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. John 10:17

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38

The cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? John 18:11

The Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. John 8:29

My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matt 3:17

 Mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth. Isa. 42:1

I think as I read these passages afresh in the Daily Light, what really struck me was that the Lord Jesus also suffered 
from the feeling of:  
“I don’t want to... I’d really rather not..” just like me. 
But it’s what He did with those feelings that is for us to follow. 
Is my heart filling me with fear?
"When trouble comes, remember that the God of all comfort is able to carry you through your darkest moments and deepest fears. 
He promises that one day He Himself will wipe away every tear from our eyes (Revelation 21:4). 
Strengthened by this assurance, we can confidently trust Him with our tears now.”
By Bill Crowder in Our Daily Bread (9th May 2019)
In God is light, hope  and peace in the midst of the depth of any trial, for we are never, ever alone. 
May we in the depths cling to the cross, and in the deep pain of heart let us remember the cost of the cross. 
Lord bless dear ones, I lift all who read this that the Lord God will be their Guide, Comfort and Strength. He faileth not.
Prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz.x

4 comments:

Anne said...

Such encouraging verses dear Shaz and something we all need to take hold of and live. We need to know where our strength really lies and to trust in Him.xx

Marilyn Mathis said...

The scripture teaches us that if we pray according to God's will He will hear and answer. Even Jesus prayed 3 times for the cup of suffering to be removed, but God did not remove it because that is why He sent Jesus into the world. The human in Jesus did not want to face the pain, but He yielded to the Father's will. So we must be willing to truly pray, "Not my will, but thine be done." I am so thankful that Jesus was willing to pay the price for my sins. Thank you Shaz for reminding us of these scriptures and of His love for us. Hugs.

Conniecrafter said...

I pray all this is giving you comfort as you are dealing with pain and need healing.

Cheryl said...

Those "unpassable" cups are so hard on the flesh. My family and I are in the midst of great, heavy trials, and sometimes you just feel that you cannot make it through. I am so sorry to know that you are in such a season of heaviness, also, and I trust God will reach down and lift your load, heal your body, and make all things new for you, my friend. Praying for you now.