Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Sunday 9 April 2023

Happy News day = Resurrection Day!

 Well, YESS! today is a day of great rejoicing as my title shares. 

Today is Resurrection Day!

Can you imagine the depth of their sorrow among the women and disciples upon the first day of that week so long ago? 
They thought all was lost - Jesus dead upon the cross of Cavalry, then buried in stone tomb.
 
BUT INSTEAD - their grief would roll away as surely as that giant stone did at the tomb's door!
Sorrow - turned to joy!
 This is picture for our troubles today - tell them ALL to Jesus.
 
 He is the Burden Bearer, He will uphold us in our every care!
"Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
And they remembered his words," Luke 24:1-8 (emphases mine)                               .

The STONE rolled away - what was unseen in the purpose of the cross is now seen! The same with our burden today - one glorious day the purpose of these trials will be revealed and as it says in 1 Cor 4:5 ".. every man shall have praise of God."  🙏💙🙏  What a day to look forward too, dear ones!
   
 I think this image of an empty tomb encapsulates Resurrection Day.  
The work of the cross  - the death, burial and resurrection of the LORD Jesus Christ, the Son of God our sin-bearer on the cruel tree.

May our Father God help us to walk every single day in the glory of resurrection day!
Satan is the defeated foe, for evermore the victory is in Jesus, as we rest and trust in Him alone! 
This hymn came to mind, I serve a Risen Saviour... may it bless your heart as it did mine.
I serve a Risen Saviour by A J Ackley
I serve a risen Saviour, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.

Refrain:
He lives, He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart!


2 In all the world around me I see His loving care;
And tho' my heart grows weary, I never will despair.
I know that He is leading thro' all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing will come at last. [Refrain]
 
3 Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ, the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him, the Help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind. [Refrain]

To Him alone be all the glory, honour and praise, with much thanksgiving for Resurrection day!
Shaz in Oz.x

Hymn sung below by Mennonite Youth choir. (link here if missing)

 
 PS.A special shout out for a very dear blogging  sister - Diane Ronzino of Hadarah - link here. Diane has issues in that her latest posts aren't showing on my sidebar feed - but locked on one from two years ago.
I've thought she wasn't posting. 
But she is, and it's invisibly for some time as she says none comment so I'm thinking others may have the same issue in finding her.
If you've followed her, please go give her some love. I will chat next week with her, hopefully, and see if we can fix it - I've a couple of ideas.  Praying one works, please LORD.
 

PPS. If you haven’t I'd love it you to join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. It really encourages me to keep on. 😁

If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link, which is on the top of sidebar. 😊 thank you! 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

That is a beautiful hymn Shaz, and one that we sing occasionally even now.
Blessings
Maxine

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Have a happy and blessed Easter, Shaz!

Anne said...

I may not always acknowledge Him, I may not always sense Him, but I KNOW, but I KNOW, He lives, and He lives in my heart! I love this hymn; a great choice for your post which is simply delightful because your focus is so much on Jesus!

Cheryl said...

Oh, wow! I love that picture you shared looking out at the cross from the view of the empty tomb! Praise the dear Lord, the tomb is empty, and He is no longer hanging on that cross. Thank you for another precious post, dear sister. I surely understand your friend's dilemma. I am no longer being notified when bloggers post, and it seems I have lost touch with so many. May God bless you. I am praying for your health.