Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Monday 1 August 2022

Trial of our Faith - more Precious than Gold

 In all our tribulations, sadnesses, pain and suffering can we still focus on the big picture. Gods big picture not ours! 


THE ONE TALENT

Hide not thy talent in the earth,

However small it be;

Its faithful use, its utmost worth,

God will require of thee.

His own, which He hath lent on trust,

He asks of thee again;

Little or much, the claim is just,

And thine excuses vain.

Go, then, and strive to do thy part,

Though humble it may be;

The ready hand, the willing heart,

Are all heaven asks of thee.

- William Cutler


1Pet 1.6-8

Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: 

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Isn’t that wonderful? we rejoice with joy unspeakable, though we see Him not.. we believe! Amen!

Pressing on the upward way, new heights I’m gaining day by day!



Hymn Link here if not showing

In the harvest field now ripened
There's a work for all to do
Hark! the Master's voice is calling
To the harvest calling you
Does the place you're called to labor
And does the place you're called to labor
Seem so small and little known?
It is great if our God is in it
For He'll not forsake His own
Little is much when God is in it!
Labor not for wealth or fame
There's a crown, and you can win it
If you go in Jesus' name
And when the conflict has ended
And our race on earth is run
He will say, if you've been faithful
"Welcome home, My child—well done!"
Little is much when God is in it!
Labor not for wealth or fame
There's a crown, and you can win it
If you go...
If you go...
If you go in Jesus' name
Source: Musixmatch

Little Is Much When God Is In It lyrics © Word Music, Llc

May God richly bless you and those you love, wherever you may be! 
Thank you SO much for popping over for a read, a meditate and especially if you’re able to stay for a chat. 
Prayer hugs, πŸ™ πŸ€— 
Shaz in Oz.x  
(Edit: I’ve no idea who the poet William Cutler is, if anyone can clarify, please do in comments and I’ll add it, I loved his poem. 😊)

If you are not sure if you are a Christian, a Christ follower, please read this post here - Who or What is a Christian?

PS. If you haven’t I'd love it you to join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. It really encourages me to keep on. 😁

If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link, which is on the top of sidebar. πŸ˜Š thank you!


4 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Hi, Shaz!! The music was great to listen to. ! Peter scripture was good to read as well. I am a bit weary but had a good day at work. My husband, daughter and I went there for dinner as it's something we do often on Monday. Phil usually is gaming (good ones) on Monday but not this evening. I feel blessed by knowing Jesus daily and reminding myself to talk with Him during the day instead of evening and praying in bed before sleeping. We had a good sermon at church that was in 1 Kings 13. Quite the story that we need to remember God and follow Him faithfully instead of doing what you think is best when it really isn't. Our weather is finally cooler than the last few days. I enjoy my flowers that are still blooming in our summer time. Hugs and blessings,Becky

kiwimeskreations said...

How often when in trials do we look around instead of up. If we can look up to God, then we can praise Him in the midst of the trial, and our perspective changes for the better!
Thank you for your wise words Shaz - I tried a quick search for William Cutler, but the only poet I 'got' was William Cutter.... couldn't continue as I am low on data, as I am hot-spotting off my phone whilst house sitting..
Blessings
Maxine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks Maxine. ❤ all I could find was Ivor Cutler so not much use either.
I also don't know where I copied the poem from as it was in my drafts with poem and not much else written. πŸ™ƒ
Thanks though for your encouragement and for doing a quick hunt. Shaz. X

Anne said...

Another encouraging and uplifting post dear Shaz, thank you! I too loved the singing and the song. William Cutler might not be anybody to the world, but it is obvious that he is known to the LORD. You probably obtained your poem from Study Light, which I know you read. https://www.studylight.org/pastoral-resources/sermon-illustrations-archive/t.html?pn=9&