Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Sunday 29 March 2020

Jesus Only - in All Times of Trouble

Jesus Only.
I was reading an article recently, as I read this thought echoed in my head. Years ago I saw an illuminated text like this.
JESUS ONLY
It is a bible verse, from Matthew 17:8: 
And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
Isn’t It what we long for? 
To see Jesus only

For Jesus only died and rose again! 
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.John 10:18
     
Jesus only saves . 
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Jesus only 
for keeping power at all times!
The LORD Jesus said
And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish,  neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. John 20:28 


Jesus only 
...is preparing a place for those who believe in Him.
John 14:1-6 (link here)

Jesus only is coming again 
    .. I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
     John 14:3
Let's look at Matthew 17.

Matthew 17:1-2,5-8 
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. 
And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
Wow! 
You cannot imagine really what an awe-inspiring sight Peter, James and John saw!? 
God revealing His diety, yet in part.
Brilliance such as rarely seen by human eyes, hearing the voice of the Father rarely heard by human ears, felt fully (if only understanding in part) the power of the Almighty! 
How quickly they were to forget the words: 
"Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
They still saw Jesus as their Deliverer from Roman rule,  not as the suffering Servant, Saviour and Redeemer,
as prophesied in Isaiah 53. 
*****
"They saw no man save Jesus only."
Isn’t this what we long for in our own lives? 
To see Jesus only!  
AND that others, when they see us, that they would see Jesus only!

Oh, that when we look out on the troubles of our day, that we would simply see, believe,  trust, hope in ...
JESUS ONLY! 
Let us so lift up Jesus ONLY in our lives.

This is so important, dear sisters.
We are here to be Lights, that others might see Jesus only in and through us, and desire to know Him also! 
 For Jesus said:
If I be lifted lifted up I shall draw all men unto Me.

I thought of this hymn below as I  meditated on this subject (including some background for those who maybe interested. Excerpt link here, background of "All hail the power of Jesus' Name ")
"As we examine "All Hail the Power of Jesus Name" the opening line is the perfect place to start, the power of Jesus Name. 
Acts 4:12 declares "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." 
 There is power in the name of Jesus to Save, this is in fact, the only way to be saved, to call upon the name of the Lord. 
The word name in Acts 4:12 is the Greek word onoma and it is used to denote the person himself. Albert Barnes describes it "As we would say, there is no one who can save but Jesus Christ."

The name of Jesus also has power to Secure. The Bible says in I Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man. The word "mediator" is the Greek word mesiteรŒ„s (pronounced mes-ee'-tace) and it means a go between a reconciler, one who intervenes. It is through Jesus, not Mary that we have an advocate, a mediator."

Today's hymn (1779) was written by Edward Peronnet, a missionary to India, and a contemporary and fellow preacher at time of John Wesley. No tune for this hymn was written with words. It was left to a congregation to choose melody to fit the meter.
Link for hymn also here.

Trust that these precious scriptures will bless your heart as it has mine.
I also want to thank especially those who encourage me so much with your comments. You are deeply appreciated. 

Remember no matter how dark and stormy the sea is upon which we are cast, Jesus ONLY can still the storm and say:
 " PEACE,  be still"

Praying for you and all your dear ones, in these troubled times may we keep our focus ever upward - let us "keep looking up, its only mud underneath".
Prayer hugs, ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—
Shaz in Oz. X

CCOVID-19 update for Aust, as of today we have in Aust 28 deaths and 5,314 cases, seriously ill is still at 1% which is a blessing. In our local town we have 11 cases. In all things the Christian can claim Psalm 91 (Read here) as his insurance policy.. esp verses 2 & 3.


PS . If you haven’t I'd love it you to join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. It really encourages me to keep on. ๐Ÿ˜Š
If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link. Thank YOU

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. There's just something about that name. Thank you for the reminder my friend. We do rest in the shelter of His love no matter the storms that assail us. We just had another nursing facilty, this one only about 12 blocks from our house, have 3 employees test positive for Covid-19. To my knowledge there are about 200 residents so this is very disturbing news. Please pray for these people.
Wishing you a peaceful and calm weekend dear Shaz.
Blessings,
Betsy

Diane Ronzino said...

Hello, Shaz! I came over from Martha's blog. I greet you, in Jesus' (ONLY) Name! Always and forever, it is Jesus only for me! God bless you!

Anne said...

Such an uplifting blog post, wonderful hymn, very timely. If only my friend had looked to Jesus instead of deciding for herslef what she thought was best. It is a wake up call to continue to pray and witness isn't it? Thank you Sis. xx

Conniecrafter said...

Isn't it just amazing that this virus came at just the time that we are supposed to be quiet in him and reflect on his word, and grow deeper with him. I know it isn't easy for those that have children, I think they have more to deal with now then ever before.