Devoted to sharing the Word of God - in uplifting, informative and encouraging posts.
" It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Friday 7 February 2020

The Word Only - We have an Anchor

February 7
MORNING
When thou hast eaten and art full, ... thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee. Deut. 8:10

Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God. Deut. 8:11

One of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. Luke 17:15-18

Every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. I Tim. 4:4,5

He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks. Rom. 14:6

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. Prov. 10:22

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul.... who forgiveth all thine iniquities; ... who crowneth thee with loving-kindness and tender mercies. Psa. 103:1-4
*****
How rich we are in Jesus, yet how unmindful of it are we at times when our hearts are overwhelmed. 
May I never forget that I have an anchor that keeps my soul!
Hebrews 6:18-19
... "we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast.."
****
"We have an anchor that keeps the soul.
 Stedfast and sure while the billows roll,
 Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Savior's​ love!
From Wikipedia:
Will Your Anchor Hold is a Christian hymn, written in 1882 by Priscilla Jane Owens in the USA. She wrote a number of hymns and songs for her pupils; this is the best known today.

I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment. Phil. 1:9 

May O LORD, my focus be wholly on Thee, and  not on me!
"He must increase, I must decrease."
 John 3:30

In Jesus' precious Name above all Names,
AMEN!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 🙏🤗
Update: had excellent rain here, and in many other olaces, however so many drought places and firegrounds have missed, praying much more to come in those places, put out fires in South Coast, Snowies NSW and Gippsland Vic. Praying also many out west receive drought-breaking, dust-settling, God-glorifying rain, that souls likewise might be watered unto salvation across this sinfilled land.. and yours! Amen, even so come Lord Jesus!

PS . If you haven’t I'd love it you to join as a wonderful encourager of this blog ...  link HERE.  Thank YOU to those who have done so already. It really encourages me to keep on.
If you'd like these posts in your inbox, you can add your email to email link option on side bar. If you're on a mobile device on which there is no sidebar, then scroll down and select "View Web Version" at very bottom of post. This will bring up sidebar and "follow by email" link. Thank YOU.

8 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

It really brightened my day to see a new post from your blog in my inbox! In the middle of winter here with plenty of snow, and am trying my best to stay occupied with keeping my hands busy with things...but it gets hard on me when I am more of an outdoors person. Was able to take a brief walk outside today, though, which was refreshing. I have been reminding myself how much I have to be thankful for...and this post encouraged me even more with God's Word. I need to forget myself and remember the goodness of the Lord to me giving me hands that are able to work, while others have suffered from being crippled...and little jobs He provides for me here and there. Thankful to hear of answered prayer for rain! The Lord is merciful. He causeth His rain to fall on the just and on the unjust...and He tells us to have the same mercy toward others that He does. May we do so by His grace.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, So Thankful that my anchor will hold, He can walk on water and knows my every woe. So thankful you are getting refreshing rains!
Blessings in 2020 dear friend!
Hugs, Roxy

Anne said...

Amed dear Sis! xxx

Cheryl said...

Praise the Lord, He helped me to get this comment to go through. Oh, it is so frustrating! But, I wanted to tell you how much this post meant to me today. It was such an encouragement - especially, this part, "How rich we are in Jesus, yet how unmindful of it are we at times when our hearts are overwhelmed. May I never forget that I have an anchor that keeps my soul!" This goes right along with what my little family and I were discussing in our family worship yesterday. We only find out if our faith is real when it is being tested, and our hearts are overwhelmed. How quickly we forget how much He has already done for us when we are walking through so much adversity. You are such a blessing to me, dear sis. I am so thankful you are there, fulfilling God's calling upon your life, being faithful to post what He places on your heart, and doing all you can for Him. I want you to know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. Someone, clear across the world reads your words and clings to them for hope. Much love to you today.

kiwimeskreations said...

thank you Shaz - this is a blessing, as your posts always are. Yes, I know my anchor has held through some mighty storms, and through His Grace, will hold through more.
Blessings
Maxine

Betsy said...

Good morning my dear Shaz. How nice to see your blog appear this morning in my feed. As I was reading all of the verses in your post today, I was humming a song in my head. Guess which one it was? Yes. The video you included. Isn't it funny how God does that?
I am continuing in prayer for all of the people who still need relief from the drought and the fires.
WIshing you a lovely weekend my dear friend.
Blessing,
Besy

Conniecrafter said...

Always good to hear a good report of the rain coming in, continued prayers that the land may be replenished!
How wonderful to know when all around us seems to be tipped upside down that we have our Lord as our anchor to keep us steadfast and bring peace of mind

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Such a wonderful encouraging collection of verses you have shared, and I love that song about our Anchor that holds. So thankful that in the times of difficulty, sorrow and distress, our Lord is a rock we can stand on, a sure foundation. Thankful to hear that rains have been coming, and will continue to pray that all the fires are stamped out very soon! Much love across the miles to you :)